Morgan were well known pre-war for three wheel sports cars and only produced their first four seater in 1937. By 1950 the ‘Flat Rad’ was joined by a sportier model, “The Plus Four” that was fitted with a more powerful version of the Standard Vanguard 2,088cc engine. Production continued until 1954 when the body was uprated with the envelope style front with faired in headlamps. Only 117 ‘Flat Rad’ Plus 4 Morgans left Malvern bore the new model entered production.
According to the paperwork that comes with the car it spent a number of its early years with a Dutch enthusiast before appearing in 1978 the care of a Mr. George Brooke of Lancaster. He sold the car in 1985 to a Mr. Robert Olsen of Sunningdale, Berkshire. The next owner appears to have been a Mr. Richard Conroy of County Wicklow, Ireland. He kept the car from 1992 until at least 2009 and during his ownership commissioned a full strip down and restoration when the chassis was powder coated, engine and mechanicals rebuilt and body refurbished to a very high standard. The car was finished with new leather to the interior, new carpets and a new mohair hood.
The current owner bought the car in 2013 as part of a significant collection and has only used the car sparingly.
The car presents itself very well and has its original registration number of NLJ 815, its original chassis number of P2715 and its original engine numbered V635ME. Only a handful of these ‘Flat Rad’ Plus 4’s were built and this is a rare opportunity to acquire a super example.